Monday 7 January 2013

My Coffee Sanctuary

You can't beat a nice coffee, can you? (Well, I also love tea and, of course, wine!)
Today, now as I write, it is coffee that is doing it for me.
My recovery time.
Coffee, right here, on the sofa as I write.
After the nursery run.
First day back.
After Christmas.
Imagine.
2 weeks of complete change to any routine I was establishing over the last 4 months and 2 weeks of a ridiculous amount of telly watching and staying in pyjamas, presents, Christmas decorations, friends, lazy days, creative days, family, new people and new places, toys, games, food, fun days and now, suddenly, from nowhere it seems here it is. Monday. First day back.
It wasn't easy.
My little girl likes routine and loves her pyjamas and has quite got into the new 2 week routine of pyjama loving fun. Change and transition is never easy, either, so I was up early and ready for the challenge. Or so I thought.
4 months ago, when she first came to me, it was a challenge getting dressed and to get out the door by 10.30 am. We have worked hard over the last few months to be up and dressed by 9am on weekdays, regardless of whether it is a nusery day or not. My new goal this term was to be out the door by 8.30am to get to nursery. You see, in my head, we have to work towards me getting back to work, eventually, and my little girl getting to start school in September 2013. It will take time, I know. Rome wasn't built in a day.
So, this morning, it was carnage.
We did it.
In the end.
It wasn't easy.
So this is now my coffee sanctuary time.
And loving it.
How was your First Day Back Monday been?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and please feel free to comment here. Your comments are valued and I will reply.