Saturday 12 January 2013

Oh, It's Ruined!

PJ appeared in the bathroom, just as I was getting out of the shower. It can be a daily occurance - both me getting out of the shower, and her appearing from wherever I am, that is! Apparently, it is all to do with her being reassured that I am still there, I haven't left her abandonded and I still exist, even if I am not in the same room. Separation anxiety and I am constant, being explored.
I always try and reassure her by telling her where in the house I am going and what I am doing. I usually give her the option of following. We have gone from her screaming when I leave the room to her often being happy to be alone. For a while. She used to follow me everywhere, like a tiny toddler. To the loo, to answer the door, in the kitchen, to the phone. The unspoken, don't leave me. She ususally calls upstairs whilst I am in the shower: Are you OK, Mummy? Yes, I say and often she will come upstairs to say:  Hi. how's it going? anyway, whilst I am showering.
This was one of those moments.
Mummy!
Yes.
Are you OK?
It's ruined, she cries and the thing crashes to the bathroom floor, loudly, adding to the drama of the event.
Can I fix it? I ask, helpfully.
No, she says and adds: You aren't very good at fixing things, she says.
I look down to see, what has apparently been ruined.
The thing.
The thing that has crashed dramatically to the bathroom floor.
The thing that I cannot fix.

A calculator... with the battery back come off.

*I think  can manage that*

I quietly (and unbeknown to her) clip the back on and leave it downstairs on the table.

Sometime later....

She picks it up and gasps as she exclaims: Oh, you fixed it , Mummy!
*Beams*
*Seems impressed*
*Wanders off with fixed calculator*

I feel positively affirmed and a somewhat accomplished DIY fixer.
Yes!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and please feel free to comment here. Your comments are valued and I will reply.