Thursday 21 February 2013

Thursday R2BC

I am very Thankful this week for these things:
1. Time for me today to meet with a friend for a coffee and chat. PJ is at Nursery. I am on a year's adoptive leave, so it is great to have a little me time again, every now and then, this year. And to have a day free from the meetings that often creep in all too often on the "PJ is in Nursery days". Today has been a welcome break from the meetings. Time to walk in the crisp, cold air and talk grown up talk and have a leisurely coffee with a friend.
2. Time to relax a little from the normal routine with some DVD watching fun - and of course those lovely cuddles on the sofa - the magical and much needed nurturing time - with PJ
3. New Opportunities - I have been asked to lead a seminar next month, which I am really looking forward to doing. The seminar is for child and youth workers and it will be on Inclusion with those with Special - or Additional Needs. It will be nice to be back in the dirving seat agin on this one.

14 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed your chat and coffee....enjoy yout adoptive leave...great reasons x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you - i am afraid my adoptive leave will end all too soon. half way through already.

      Delete
  2. Yay for time to relax! Lovely reasons :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good - I used to love having a day to myself when big man went to nursery

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fab to have been asked to lead the seminar - well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great reasons, I'm just finishing my Mat leave and I know I'm going to miss the chance to meet up with friends in the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Helen. feelin the adoptive leave disappearing rather too rapidly for me

      Delete
  6. Taking time out is so important, especially as it sounds like you're about to jump back into the fast lane pretty soon, good luck with the seminar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. I have some time left but it is flying by

      Delete

Thanks for reading and please feel free to comment here. Your comments are valued and I will reply.