Wednesday 20 March 2013

Single Adoption Networking

I have begun to enjoy a little networking here in Blogland and hope that it will prove to be a great support for me - and maybe others might enjoy networking with me here at New Pyjamas. We all have a story to share and at times life, or the things life throws at us, can be overwhelming or stifling and even isolating. Breaking the isolation that adoption and being single can bring is both powerful and a necessary.  I have discovered  SANe  - Single Adopters Network - where Mumdrah has just started the opportunity by providing a platform for us to link up - so who knows where it may lead? For now, I am wanting to stay SANe and am grateful for the chance to see some other blogs from some other single adopters who have been there and done it. If you too are a single adopter - have a wee look at Mumdrah's link and look at some others blogs. I am wanting to learn and to strengthen my support network too.
 So,  I am in. Are you?
Join in and spread the word. Have a look at trhe other blogs who have already linked into this growing community of other single adopters.
Thanks Mumdrah - you are a star!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

4 comments:

  1. Isn't the adoption blogging community brilliant? I'm not a single adopters but I think we all join together in our rather unique families. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes - resoundingly - our families, experiences and needs are unique and the blogging community is brilliant

      Delete
  2. Oh thank goodness I've found this...I'm a single mum adopter myself ...older too I guess if 43 is old! Adopted my little boy last year he's 6 now. Just spent last weekend feeling really poorly for first time since I've had him and felt really guilty after a weekend of dvd watching with him as too poorly to do anything else...am I a bad mother, what does everyone else do when feeling ill!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - good to hear about you - being ill is a tough one - and yes - dvd watching is the way forward - and don't feel guilty for it! In the big scheme of things a few days here and there when either myself or my little one are poorly is no bad thing - and it is great for snuggling on the sofa for that nurturing time, isn't it !do you blog? have you heard of the adoption social website? it is early days for it but more things there to read too. thanks for stopping by and hope to hear from you again.

      Delete

Thanks for reading and please feel free to comment here. Your comments are valued and I will reply.